About Collective Social Services
What is a Regional Center? Often times parents have not heard about regional centers until they are referred by a physician, school, hospital, teacher, social worker, other parent, etc., for a diagnosis and assessment. Once their child is found eligible they don't know what to expect as they struggle with the news that their child has a developmental disability or delay.
Collective Social Services is designed to:
- Assist parents of infant, children, or adults with developmental disabilities navigate their way through regional center community services and vendors.
- Gain information about the vendors in their community.
- Read about their child's developmental disability/diagnosis.
- Learn about their rights under the Department of Developmental Services and Lanterman Act.
- Develop relationships with other parents who share similar experiences and provide family support.
Above all, Collective Social Services will allow parents to connect with other parents or caregivers that have recently been eligible for regional center services. It will allow parents to share their child's diagnosis, treatment, inspirational stories, concerns, resources, and experience with regional center vendors.